2013 Theatre World Awards: winners announced
The winners of the 2012 - 2013 Theatre World Awards for outstanding Broadway and off-Broadway debut performance were announced on the 07 May 2013.
The 69th annual Theatre World Award winners are:
in alphabetical order.
- Bertie Carvel: Matilda The Musical
- Carrie Coon: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Brandon J. Dirden: The Piano Lesson
- Shalita Grant: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- Tom Hanks: Lucky Guy
- Valisia LeKae: Motown: The Musical
- Rob McClure: Chaplin
- Ruthie Ann Miles: Here Lies Love
- Conrad Ricamora: Here Lies Love
- Keala Settle: Hands on a Hardbody
- Yvonne Strahovski: Golden Boy
- Tom Sturridge: Orphans
The winner of the 2013 John Willis Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre is Alan Alda.
The awards will be presented to the winners at a ceremony to be held on 03 Jun 2013 at the Music Box Theatre. Peter Filichia will again host, with the awards presented by past Theatre World Award winners
The Theatre World Award winners are chosen by the Theatre World Awards committee, comprised of David Cote (Time Out New York and NY1), Joe Dziemianowicz (New York Daily News), Peter Filichia (The Newark Star-Ledger, Emeritus) Harry Haun, Matthew Murray, Frank Scheck (New York Post) and Linda Winer (Newsday).
First presented in 1945, the Theatre World Awards are the oldest awards given for a debut theatre performance on or off-Broadway.Bertie Carvel as 'Miss Trunchbull' in Matilda The Musical
Originally published on