It has been reported that The Nanny is being adapted into a Broadway musical. The production is based on the 1990s American sitcom of the same name, which followed a fashionable Jewish wom...
Winners of the 2009 Theatre World Awards
The winners of the 2009 Theatre World Awards for outstanding Broadway and off-Broadway debut performance were announced on the 11 May 2009.
The 65th annual Theatre World Award winners are:
in alphabetical order.
- David Alvarez / Trent Kowalik / Kiril Kulish: Billy Elliot: The Musical
- Chad L. Coleman: Joe Turnerï¿½s Come and Gone
- Jennifer Grace: Our Town
- Josh Grisetti: Enter Laughing, The Musical
- Haydn Gwynne: Billy Elliot, The Musical
- Colin Hanks: 33 Variations
- Marin Ireland: reasons to be pretty
- Susan Louise Oï¿½Connor: Blithe Spirit
- Condola Rashad: Ruined
- Geoffrey Rush: Exit the King
- Josefina Scaglione: West Side Story
- Wesley Taylor: Rock of Ages
Special Award: To the entire cast of 'The Norman Conquests' - Amelia Bullmore, Jessica Hynes, Stephen Mangan, Ben Miles, Paul Ritter, and Amanda Root.
The awards will be presented to the winners at a ceremony to be held at Broadway's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre, on 2 Jun 2009. Peter Filichia will host, Barry Keating will direct, and Scott Denny, Kati Meister and Erin Oestreich are the eventï¿½s producers. John Willis, founder of the Theatre World Awards, will be in attendance.
In its 65th year since its inception, the Theatre World Awards remains the oldest one given for a debut theatre performance on or off-Broadway.