The Lucille Lortel Award-winning musical KPOP might well be heading to the Great White Way, following reports of open casting calls in New York City on November 16 and 17. Ars Nova's immer...
Theatre World Awards: winners announced
The winners of the 2010 - 2011 Theatre World Awards for outstanding Broadway and off-Broadway debut performance were announced on the 10 May 2011.
The 67th annual Theatre World Award winners are:
in alphabetical order.
- Ellen Barkin: The Normal Heart
- Desmin Borges: The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity
- Halley Feiffer: The House of Blue Leaves
- Grace Gummer: Arcadia
- Rose Hemingway: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- John Larroquette: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- Heather Lind: The Merchant of Venice
- Patina Miller: Sister Act
- Arian Moayed: Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
- Jim Parsons: The Normal Heart
- Zachary Quinto: Angels in America: A Gay Fantaia on National Themes
- Tony Sheldon: Priscilla Queen of the Desert
The awards will be presented to the winners at an invitation-only ceremony at a venue to be announced. Peter Filichia will host, with the awards presented by past Theatre World Award winners
The Theatre World Award winners are chosen by the Theatre World Awards committee, comprised of David Cote (Time Out New York, NY1), Joe Dziemianowicz (New York Daily News), Peter Filichia (Newark Star-Ledger), Harry Haun (Playbill), Matthew Murray (Talkin' Broadway), Frank Scheck (The Hollywood Reporter) and Linda Winer (Newsday).
In its 67th year since its inception, the Theatre World Awards remains the oldest one given for a debut theatre performance on or off-Broadway.