It has been reported that The Nanny is being adapted into a Broadway musical. The production is based on the 1990s American sitcom of the same name, which followed a fashionable Jewish wom...
Theatre World Awards: winners announced
The winners of the 2011 - 2012 Theatre World Awards for outstanding Broadway and off-Broadway debut performance were announced on the 8 May 2012.
The 68th annual Theatre World Award winners are:
in alphabetical order.
- Tracie Bennett: End of the Rainbow
- Phillip Boykin: Porgy and Bess
- Crystal A. Dickinson: Clybourne Park
- Russell Harvard: Tribes
- Jeremy Jordan: Bonnie & Clyde
- Joaquina Kalukango: Hurt Village
- Jennifer Lim: Chinglish
- Jessie Mueller: On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
- Hettienne Park: 'Seminar' and 'The Intelligent Homosexual's Guide to Capitalism & Socialism with a Key to the Scriptures'
- Chris Perfetti: Sons of the Prophet
- Finn Wittrock: Death of a Salesman
- Josh Young: Jesus Christ Superstar
The winner of The 2012 Dorothy Loudon Award for Excellence in the Theater is Susan Pourfar (Tribes).
The awards will be presented to the winners at an invitation-only ceremony to be held on 5 Jun 2012 at a venue to be announced. Peter Filichia will again host, with the awards presented by past Theatre World Award winners
The Theatre World Award winners are chosen by the Theatre World Awards committee, comprised of David Cote (Time Out New York and NY1), Joe Dziemianowicz (New York Daily News), Peter Filichia (The Newark Star-Ledger), Harry Haun (Playbill), Matthew Murray (Talkin’ Broadway), Frank Scheck (New York Post) and Linda Winer (Newsday).
First presented in 1945, the Theatre World Awards are the oldest awards given for a debut theatre performance on or off-Broadway.
Tracie Bennett as Judy Garland
in End of the Rainbow