The Lucille Lortel Award-winning musical KPOP might well be heading to the Great White Way, following reports of open casting calls in New York City on November 16 and 17. Ars Nova's immer...
Couples, by Rich Orloff, at the Workshop's Jewel Box Theater
Workshop Theater Company presents Couples, an evening of eight short two-character comedies and dramas about love and desire by Rich Orloff, at the Workshop's Jewel Box Theater from 9 - 19 May 2007.
- Matterhorn: waiting in line at Disneyland, a husband and wife bicker until the husband comes up with a novel solution to their marital woes.
- Class Dismissed: a college professor becomes involved in a scandal and is forced to leave campus, after one of his students arrives in his office with a provocative question.
- Lion Tamer: a woman selling her home gives a man a tour, but the conversation soon shifts from 'for sale' to foreplay.
- Afternoon Sun: when a man and a woman meet in a hotel room for a tryst, the woman gets her needs met not by the man but from a surprising source.
- Heart Of The Fire: tells the story of a waitress in an East Village bar who gets an unwanted visit from a man she knows, with a request she'd rather not hear.
- Oh Happy Day: two men in a long-term relationship unwind at home after work. One is political and the other has a surprise present for him.
- Invisible Woman: a nuanced look into the multilayered thoughts and emotions of a shy women when her self-satisfied boyfriend asks, 'How are you?'
- Right Sensation: an anxious man and eager woman who have met at a bar end up in her apartment, both hoping for sex but ending up with something more.
Directed by David Gautschy, Ron Beverly, Paula D'alessandris and Philip Emeott, Couples features Anthony Aibel, Leslie Alexander, C.k. Allen, Michael Anderson, Marie-pierre Beausejour, Peter Farrell, Ken Glickfeld, Justin Holcomb, Cailin Mcdonald, Richard Mover, Wende O'reilly, Vinnie Penna, Jacqueline M. Raposo, Christine Verleny, Jess Cassidy White and L. B. Williams.