Eugene O’Neill Theatre
Designed by Herbert J. Krapp for the Shuberts, the theatre originally opened as The Forest (named after 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest) on 25th November 1925 with a production of the musical Mayflowers. In 1945 the theatre closed and, after extensive alterations, reopened as the Coronet. Under the ownership of Lester Osterman, it changed its name in 1959 to the Eugene O'Neill Theatre in honour of the American playwright. After Osterman, the theatre was also owned by playwright Neil Simon before he sold it to Jujamcyn Theatres in 1982.