Archipelago at Altered Stages
The Intentional Theatre Group and Small Pond Entertainment., presents Archipelago, 10 short one-person plays at Altered Stages from 8 - 18 Nov 2007.
Archipelago consists of 10 short one-person plays that explore themes of solitude, self, and theatricality.
All of the plays in Archipelago explore the different ways people relate to, and deal with, their own isolation. A woman trapped inside her own mind, a desperate man in a jail cell, an artist with dynamite strapped to her chest, or a boy who finds hope in the seconds after jumping off a building. All of the characters confront, and ultimately come to grips with, the boxes theyï¿½ve created for themselves.
The 10 new plays, which are all world premieres, were commissioned by The It Group.
- Scarface by Davy Rothbart
- Hold This by Sheila Callaghan
- Cranberry by Brian Patrick Leahy
- The Catï¿½S Fault by Sarah Carbiener
- The Way Down by Richard Strand
- Up Here/In Here by Anton Dudley
- Orbit by Erica Rosbe
- Act Without Words by Samuel Beckett
- (A Diptych) by Joyce Carol Oates
- Yes by Stephen Belber
The creative team comprises Michael Kerns (set), Elisabeth Vastola (costumes), Eileen Goddard (lighting) and Peter Wood (sound).
Originally published on