Atlantic Theater Company - Linda Gross Theater
The Atlantic Theater Company’s main venue is a 199-seat theatre, housed within the confines of the Parish House for St. Peter’s Church in the Chelsea district of Manhattan. The building was constructed back in 1871 and has a storied history with the arts as a space for amateur performances. It also housed art exhibitions, community classes and even functioned as a practice court for the historic baseball team, the New York Knickerbockers. Atlantic permanently moved into the venue in 1991 and by 2012, the company had completed an $8.6 million interior renovation to modernise the space. The three year project received a generous amount of $2.4 million from city funding, with the balance being supplied by Atlantic’s Board of Directors, as well as individual and foundation donors.