Brooks Atkinson Theatre

Brooks Atkinson Theatre

Address:
256 West 47th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue), New York, NY 10036
Capacity: 
1094

Designed by Herbert J. Krapp for the Chanin Brothers, the theatre officially opened as the Mansfield Theatre in 1926. Between the years of 1933 and 1945, it fell into disuse until it was purchased by Michael Myerberg and subsequently leased to CBS for television productions under the name of CBS Studio 59. It was then renamed after the former New York Times theater critic Brooks Atkinson in 1960 and bought (in part-ownership) by the Nederlander Organization in 1967.

Travel Info
Nearest subway station: 
49th Street or 50th Street stations
Subway lines: 
N, R & W (49th) or 1 (50th) or C & E (50th) trains