Stephen Sondheim Theatre
Originally called the Henry Miller's theatre, the house opened on 1st April 1918 with The Fountain of Youth - a translation of Flor de la vida by the brothers Alvarez Quintero. In 1969 the building became a cinema, then a night-club, before it reverted back to a theatre in 1998. The theatre was closed in 2004 due to the construction of the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Rebuilt - with the original facade preserved and restored - the theatre re-opened in September 2009. The venue was renamed the Stephen Sondheim Theatre at a special ceremony on 15th September 2010 in honor of the composer's 80th birthday.