Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
Designed by Herbert J. Krapp, the building originally opened on 11th January 1927 as the Royale by real-estate magnates, the Chanin Brothers, as part of a three-theatre complex. In 1930, the Chanins transferred ownership of all three houses to the Shuberts. During the Depression, control of the Jacobs passed to John Golden, who renamed the theatre after himself and ran it from 1934 to 1936. However, the Shuberts regained control in 1936 and restored its name to the Royale. It was renamed the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre on 9th May 2005 after the longtime Shubert Organization president.