New York Theatre Guide for reviews, tickets and listings
NEW YORK THEATRE GUIDE - ONLINE
HOME

Eugene O'Neill Theatre


Address:
230 W. 49th Street
(Between Broadway & 8th Ave)
Capacity: 1,108
Access: Wheelchair spaces available on Orchestra level
Owned by: Jujamcyn Theatres
Status: Broadway Theatre

Click here for What's Playing!

Designed by Herbert J. Krapp for the Shuberts, the theatre originally opened as The Forest (named after 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest) on 25th November 1925 with a production of the musical "Mayflowers." In 1945 the theatre closed and, after extensive alterations, reopened as the Coronet. Under the ownership of Lester Osterman, it changed its name in 1959 to the Eugene O'Neill Theatre in honour of the American playwright. After Osterman, the theatre was also owned by playwright Neil Simon before he sold it to Jujamcyn Theatres in 1982.


return to previous page



Location Map

Advertisement


Buy Broadway Tickets New York Hotels
Top of page
Return to previous page


DISCLAIMER : Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these pages. We accept no responsibility for any errors.

© Copyright: all rights reserved
newyorktheatreguide.com